Tuesday, September 16, 2014

TRIP TO HEAVEN TURNED INTO NIGHTMARE -- PART 4

Sept 9:
-------

What worst can happen, Everywhere water up to 2nd floor ,nowhere to move, No electricity, No network, People were stuck in flood water and not getting food. We were stuck there, unable to left that place.One good news today water level started decreasing.But truck buses were still under water.We got little bit of satisfaction that every thing will be fine within 2 days.We as usual started playing taash. It was noon 1:30 PM hotel owner didn't call us for lunch till then.Usually he calls around 11:30 AM. I went down and ask about lunch. He denied there were less water so unable to cook rice So today lunch cant be provided but dinner will be available. Now what to do we didn't had taken break fast also.We took those dry foods which we had purchased previously. We didn't took stomach full food because we need to keep it as backup for remaining days but somehow manage to overcome our hunger. Around 5 PM we went outside up to the hill to call our parents and to see the present status of flood. While trying for the network connection we saw some local people
carrying dead body and its family and relatives were crying like anything. Ohh god what the hell was happening there. People were started dying in front of us.How could we escape from that place.I almost started crying unable to bear all those things. I lost all hope to escape from that place and thought this could be my last few days in my life.I closed my eyes and started thinking all my relatives, mummy,papa,sister, my friends,my crushes from my childhood,my past love
all of them whom I needed in my life. Suddenly one local man standing near to us told that near governor house chopper is taking out tourist from here.It is just 2Km away from here. Everywhere is flooded so you need to go by hill.Just go there you will get help. We ran up to the hill with great hope towards governor house. We walk around 3Km but no governor house found. I asked one policeman nearby he told go straight. We follow the same path. After walking around 4Km Jyoti denied to walk extra path because climbing hill and coming down was not a easy task. Ajay and Jyoti stayed
back,Dipu and me went to the place where chopper rescuing the tourists. After walking around 6km we found the place. We saw around 9k to 10k people standing in the queue. Some were standing from past 2 days waiting for their turn. chopper first taking foreigners then VIPs then patients then families and at last bachelors. It seems impossible for us to go by chopper. At that time I understood the value of having family and money.I asked for help to one army standing near
by. I explained all our problems and requested to give some help.He told don't stand here. If you will stand in that queue, after 3 to 4 days you will get chance. Its better to stay back at your hotel room after 3 days water level will decrease then you can go by road. I completely broke down there, lost all hope. That was our last hope to escape from that place that too failed.We returned back to hotel room. Further we got news more than 150 dead bodies found from flood water. Ohh god what the day that was.We didn't play taash on that night. We took dinner and came back to room and
slept didn't even talk to each other.I have never seen such a worst day in my life neither I wish to see.

1 comment:

jrp said...

The wound caused by the chappal, I wore was unbearable and we were just walking without knowing any definite distance. It makes me reminding, when you are going through hell, just keep walking.
For us, heaven turned to hell...